'I have nothing but your car now, Your Honor', pleads Anil Ambani in court


- Jewelry has to be sold for legal expenses

New Delhi Dated 26th September 2020 Saturday

Anil Ambani of Reliance Group, once considered one of the richest families in the country, is in dire financial straits. "I was paying the lawyers' fees by selling the family's jewelery," he said in response to a court request for details of his assets. I have nothing but a car now. My family was supported by other relatives.

Speaking to a court in England about his financial woes, Anil Ambani pleaded on Friday that he had nothing left. There is only one car. I was living life like a normal man.

Anil Ambani himself appeared before the Superior Court in London on Friday in a case of non-payment of debts of Chinese companies using a video link. The court questioned him for three consecutive hours. "Between January and June this year, I had to sell family jewelery worth Rs 9 crore 90 lakh to cover legal costs," Anil said.

Anil told the court that the media had spread rumors about my assets. I never had a Rolls-Royce car. I have a modest car. The media keeps spreading various rumors about me. The rest of my stay is like a normal man.

Meanwhile, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Export and Import Bank of China as well as the China Development Bank have issued a statement saying that we will work out all legal options against Anil Ambani. On May 22 this year, a London court ordered Anil to pay Rs 5,281 crore in debt to Chinese companies and Rs 7 crore in legal expenses by June 12.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new elan in the world of smuggling - Go Digital!

A new elan in the world of smuggling - Go Digital!

Detailed information about the descalant sulfamic acid